• Springdale was closed due to a wildland fire on March 28th.
• The site was reopened April 27.
• FWP advises all visitors to stay clear of the large slash pile and avoid walking in the burned area due to stump holes.
• FWP plans to burn the slash pile during the winter of 2022
• For public safety, no firewood cutting or scavenging from the slash pile is permitted.
• FWP will continue to assess the area for future hazards.
• FWP took measures to retain as much wildlife habitat as possible while accounting for visitor safety.
• Fire is a natural part of the ecosystem and helps eliminate dangerous fuel build up while promoting healthy regeneration.