Where to Fish Cave Lake

Cave Lake


Cave Lake is a beautiful lake in an open basin with a few scattered trees. The shoreline is 75% talus rock with the other 25% being timber and grass. Hybridization of this golden trout population was detected in 2003.

Size 15.5 acres
Elevation 8790.4 ft.
Directions Head up Milly Creek ~4 miles from the Maintained Trail up sweet grass creek (Trail #122). Access to #122 is across private land.
Status of the Fishery
Township/Range/Section 04N 11E 26
Latitude/Longitude 46.07035 -110.32177
FWP Region Region 5 
County Park
Fishing District Central
Type: MTNLAKE
Click on rows to select them for use in other tabs.

Waterbody Section Field Form Type Date Purpose Species
To see this data, first select one or more rows from the Collection Info tab.
For Comparative analysis all Length Units are millimeters : all Weights are grams

Species Count Avg StdDev Min Max AvgWgt StdDevWgt MinWeight S/L Sects Surveys Waterbody
To see this data, first select one or more rows from the Collection Info tab.
For Comparative analysis all Length Units are millimeters : all Weights are grams

Waterbody Section Species Count AveLength StdDevLength MinLength MaxLength AveWeight StdDevWeight MinWeight MaxWeight
To see this data, first select one or more rows from the Collection Info tab.
For Comparative analysis all Length Units are millimeters : all Weights are grams

Waterbody Year Section Species Count AveLength StdDevLength MinLength MaxLength AveWeight StdDevWeight MinWeight MaxWeight
To see this data, first select one or more rows from the Collection Info tab.
This is a preview, all fields will be visible by selecting a download option. For Comparative analysis all Length Units are millimeters : all Weights are grams.

Year Species Abbrv Length Weight M/C Count Sex Mort Hook Scar Disease Scales Otolith Fin Clip Tag Comment Genetics Age Stomach Intercept Slope Gear Equipment Trip Date Pass/Run Water Section Lat/Down Lon/Down Lat/Up Lon/Up

View the latest Montana Fishing Regulations.

There is no fish consumption advisory for this waterbody.